Grade 6 Farewell and Thank You

Grade 6 Farewell and Thank You

Miss G's Speech!

Well room 17, it’s been a wild ride to say the least. I know we’ve only been together since January, but we did it. To the grade sixes, who always kept me on my toes, this day is for you. I cannot believe how far you have all come in the last six months, yet it’s time for you to move on to junior high. 


I truly appreciate each and every one of you and am amazed at how much I have learned from you all. Between keeping me up to date with video games, the latest meme, or the newest youtube sensation, I am not sure what I will do without you next year. In all seriousness, you have all taught me so much and I am grateful for the time I did have with you here at BHS. I am the most proud of you!


Your presence and humour in the classroom will be missed by myself and here at Beddington I’m sure, but it’s still your time to shine. You’re leaving here as such great leaders and role models and I know SJAM will welcome you in these roles with open arms. Don’t be afraid to be the new kid on the block again.


I hope your journey through school and life continues to be full of fond memories, important life lessons and so much laughter. Remember, if you can be anything just be kind. You’ve got a lot of life ahead of you. Don’t stop now.


Our first award recipient is Mary-Anne who couldn’t be here with us today at school, but she is here virtually with us and received her award yesterday. She is receiving the award for the most funky hair. Mary-Anne was always full of sunshine and beachy waves. You never knew which shade of blue it was going to be, but she managed to always have the best coloured hair in the classroom. Congrats!


A special thanks to parent council for the lovely farewell gifts and support!


All the love,


Miss G


Grade 6 Student Awards

Mary-Anne - "Most Funky Hair" Award. Mary-Anne was always full of sunshine and beachy waves. You never knew which shade of blue it was going to be, but she managed to always have the best coloured hair in the classroom. Congrats!

Vince - “What if” award. Vince always had plenty of what if scenarios. What if I had 2 million dollars and gave you 1 million.. what if I played video games for 12 hours straight.. What if Vince? What if..

Kaleb (aka K-man) - “Rick Roller” award. Leave it to K-man to “Rick Roll” his friends for the 700th time. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

Jimmy - “Can I just read” award. If there was ever any free-time you could bet that Jimmy asked if he was allowed to just read. I’m not sure exactly how many books he read this year, but it was A LOT. Keep it up Jimmy! 

Ethan and Liam - “Two peas in a pod”. You can’t have one without the other. These two stuck side by side all year, if you knew where one was, the other was not too far behind. Hopefully you two end up in the same home room next year!

Chase - "PJ Imposter Award". Chase didn’t miss a Friday of wearing PJs to school. Whether it was a onesie or just regular pajamas, Chase was always the comfiest. Those PJs might get a little hot in the summer though.

Mercedez - "The soccer superstar" award. If it was recess, you could almost guarantee that Mercedez had a soccer ball at her feet. She never stopped. Thank you for entertaining my sub par soccer skills. Looking forward to seeing you on the SJAM field one day. 

Fiera - “Is this good” award. Fiera always did her work in class and always took work home, but she was never confident if it was good enough. There is one thing she is confident about though, her love for Metallica.. Keep riding the lightning Fiera. 

Aiden - "MVP" Award. It didn’t matter what sport we were playing, Aiden was good at everything and always tried his hardest. Still haven’t forgotten about that time you hit me in the head with a dodgeball though.. Just kidding, I’ll forgive you. Congrats Aiden on sporting so well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday, May 27th, 2021

Tuesday, May 25th, 2021